mdk: cooker individual software?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 27 15:39:52 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:11:31 -0500
Austin <aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> 1. Build it from source and install it with 'checkinstall' instead of
> 'make install'.  This will make an RPM, which you can rpm -Uvh.
> 2. Download the cooker SRPM.  Rebuild it with rpm --rebuild.  If it
> works, install the rpm. (it will be in /usr/src/RPM/RPMS)
> 3. Request it on www.mandrakeclub.com.  Someone will do the work for
> you.  You need to be a member to request it, but not to download it.
> 4. Check rogue RPM sites like Texstar's (www.pclinuxonline.com) or
> Thac's (http://rpm.nyvalls.se/).  They rebuild new stuff for 9.2.  Keep
> in mind, if these eat your hard drive and spit it out at you, it's your
> own fault.  ;-)
>
> If none of the above work, I could just email you the RPM.  ;-)

By any of these methods, will he not run into the dependency on the newer
version of libgal? Even building from source, he'll need the newer version, plus
it's corresponding -devel lib.

Or is there an RPM with the appropriate lib built into it already? This would be
something I have not encountered before...

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046