use of html now acceptable ?

talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 27 15:05:03 UTC 2003

Hi Dave,

I don't object to the occasional use of smileys -- they assist in
conveying the message.

I am with you on the use of 'elite' language, however; let's speak English
-- we're technical folk, not rappers.

And this is E-Mail, not a cell phone, so abbreviations really aren't
necessary. If you want to laugh out loud, please do so, but I prefer not
to see LOL (or TIA, ROTFLMAO, BCNU, TIA or anything else like that) on a
technical mailing list.

And I am also with you with regard to HTML. Plain text only. And now for
the nit: I believe smileys pre-date HTML. Cheers.

Alex