use of html now acceptable ?

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 27 15:40:39 UTC 2003

dave morton wrote:

> I notice the use of html emoticons (i.e. smileys etc) creeping into
> technical discussion lists. Is this now considered good form?
>
> I don't wish to be labelled a curmudgeon, but let's all try to use
> "big boy/big girl" grammar and form. Slang usage such as bein', n e
> ways etc are best left in informal forums such as instant messaging.
> Turn off the html PLEASE.
>
> Dave

c'mon Dave; as long as the discussion is relevant and the meaning is clear
do you really think there's no room the the writer to use his/her
personal style ?
It's not like our clients are reading this.
You are, IMHO, correct in the attempt to squelch the use of HTML.
(or should I type hypertext markup language .. ?)

;-)

djp