samba

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 26 20:20:58 UTC 2003

I have a small home network w/ 3 computers hooked up at the moment. 2
redhat-7.3 machines and the other is Windoh$ XP-Pro. I decided to give
SWAT a go to see what changes have been made since I last tried it. I
won't be doing that again anytime soon. Samba won't work. I uninstalled
all 4 samba -related apps and reinstalled only samba, samba-client and
samba-common (no swat).

When I stop or restart samba, here is the result:
[root-82/87xFww9o at public.gmane.org root]# service smb restart
Shutting down SMB services:                                [  OK  ]
Shutting down NMB services: /etc/init.d/smb: kill: (3516) - No such process
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting SMB services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NMB services:                                     [  OK  ]

The netbios thingy is dying on the vine, and reinstalling it won't fix the
problem so it has to be related to something else.

If I don't get this back up soon, my kid is going to kill me. Any
suggestions (I mean other than leaving the gun fully loaded for him to
shoot me with)?

--
Keith