mandrake 1st (c)lick

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 25 15:17:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:04:16 -0500
Lloyd D Budd <lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> With Mandrake, I did not see an option to net install, or add internet
> "sources".  Has anyone else found it unnecessarily difficult to figure
> out how to 'addmedia' during or after the install?

Easy as pie. The actual command is urpmi.addmedia, but this site lets you add
sources by selecting the appropriate mirrors and then just copy and paste the
command into a term.

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php

Follow the steps and you'll have all the sources you need.

If you look at "man urpmi", there are a lot of tools mentioned that beat the
heck out of the GUI interface for package management, for example,

urpmq [packagename] will search through all the sources available for software
matching that name.

Still not as good as Debian's Apt, but it's getting there.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046