solved, was Re: arrgh! "smrsh: uid 1000: attempt to use procmail -f-"

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 25 03:54:52 UTC 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Well Debian tends to run exim (which is simpler to configure by far, has
> had less security holes, among other things), so it isn't too surprising
> that a package like procmail doesn't put much effort into making
> sendmail do things.  Would you really want a package arbitrarily
> changing your sendmail config?

No.  I would expect it to ask first.  The sendmail package does that
already; I don't see why procmail couldn't check the sendmail.mc and, if
it needed changing, ask nicely.  dselect has an option for that called
"[C]onfig".  8)

> exim comes preconfigured to use procmail if installed.

I think that mailer that uses "Maildir" format instead of "mbox"...

thanks,
max.