Toronto Star article on SCO

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 24 13:54:53 UTC 2003

A good article in The Star's business section today (page 2) entitled "Tech
firm's strong suit is lawsuits".

Nothing particularly new, my nutshell synopsis:

- once innovation was key, now if you cannot afford to innovate you litigate

- has Linux adoption been hurt ... no, momentum appears unstoppable

- lowered cost a driving force behind Linux adoption

- "continuing worries about the lack of security of MS Windows and it's
  applications are also having an effect"
  - "Microsoft now releases major software patches every month"
  - "it's much like plugging up a slab of swiss cheese"

Couldn't find the article online or I'd have posted a link.