NFS exporting of /

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 23 02:06:51 UTC 2003

Using NFS, I used to be able to export root filesystem (/) of one
machine and mount it on another machine.  But, since upgrading to
nfs-utils-1.0.6, I can't export / to other machines, or, rather, other
machines can't mount / of NFS server.  Log on the server is
    rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted

Has there been change in the behaviour of NFS server?

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>