macintosh ppclinux: how to get mouse to work?

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 21 02:58:27 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Byron Sonne wrote:

> > I cannot use my mouse as is.  This is due to my lack of familiarity with
> > ppclinux.  I do not know how to set up my gpm.conf, specifically, which
> > /dev file to use.
>
> I can't help much either, but perhaps someone can with a little more
> info... what type of mac and what type of mouse/mouse interface? (usb, etc)
>
> If it's usb and a new machine I might be able to take a look at my
> wife's OSX box upstairs and deduce something from that.

No.  It's an OldWorld beige G3 machine with a standard serial interface,
through the keyboard.
# dmesg | grep mouse
input0: Macintosh mouse button evaluation
ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 2
mouse0: PS/2 mouse device for input2
mouse1: PS/2 mouse device for input0
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice.

Your OSX box may not help much.