SCO/Caldera letter (AD2002)

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 20 17:15:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:07:13 -0500 (EST)
Henry Spencer <henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Depends on just when the secret sauce was put in, but quite plausibly it
> could have been after V7 and 32V.

But then of course SCO runs smack into another wall, in that it already released
it's own version of Linux under the GPL, which according to it's own arguments
contained the SysV code...which is why it is now claiming the GPL is "communist"
and/or "viral", and needn't be enforced, but then it knowingly *included* the
GPL in it's release, which means...

Does this remind anyone of that Star Trek episode where Spock shut's down Mudd's
women androids by saying something like "everything I say is a lie"?

I really do feel sorry for the judges hearing this case, if it ever gets that
far. What a mess.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046