SCO/Caldera letter (AD2002)

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 20 14:43:29 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:15:41 -0500 (EST)
Robert Brockway <robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I wondered the same thing but honestly have no idea.  I suspect that parts
> of SysV would be identical to the earlier versions and that those parts
> would now be completely under a BSD licence.  As for the rest of SysV I
> can't comment.
>
> This all assumes that they can produce a shred of evidence of course.  A
> list of files doesn't cut it unless they plan to claim complete ownership
> of the files, which they haven't done afaik.

In a way, I think this is *part* of their "plan". That is, to so confuse the
issue, to make it so difficult to know where they are going with this, that
Linux and Open Source in general are seen as having an "unknown" element in
their makeup. It certainly fits with the whole "MS is behind this to further
their FUD campaign" conspiracy theory.

As Homer Simpson put it, "...stupid like a fox!".

I wouldn't want to be one of the judges hearing this case...oh, wait, yes I
would!

"Mr. McBride, this court sentences you to DEATH!"

"But, your Honour, this is a civil..."

"DEATH!"

LOL!

--