scanners

dougish-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org dougish-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 22:48:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:15:29 -0500, Lennart wrote:

>On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 05:26:27PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
>> John Moniz wrote:
>> >
>> >I think there was only one model available, but I did see one at Staples
>> >(Epson Perfection 1670 Photo).
>>
>> That's a small scanner for photographs and slides.  It won't handle full
>> size sheets.
>
>It is a full page scanner with an attachment included for doing slides
>and such.
>
>> John McGregor mentioned Vistek, but they're downtown and a little out of
>> my way.  It would be nice if Staples or Future shop carried the full
>> size Epson scanners.
>
>They do carry some of them.  Maybe not the 3200dpi versions, but still.
>
>Lennart Sorensen

An Alternative to Vistek is Henry's Cameras. A touch cheaper and they
have branches in several areas of the GTA.

I bought the Epson 3200 from Henry's. It's a full page (letter or A4)
flat bed scanner with the transparency adapter built into the lid
(capable of upto 4in. x 9in.),  but it is not cheap (~$600).

I have not tried it in Linux yet since I just blew out my Red Hat
partition to install Debian and I haven't gotten X to work yet.

Doug Isherwood