scanners

Julian C. Dunn lists-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 04:23:40 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 16:44, James Knott wrote:
> John McGregor wrote:
> > At the consumer level, the plain and simple is that Epson scanners just
> > plain work with Linux and the others are a crap shoot.
>
> The problem with Epson, is that they seem to be scarce, at least at the
> major retailers.

I bought my Epson Perfection 610U at Canada Computers a while ago. It
works like a charm with Linux -- much better than the crummy UMAX it
replaced. Sonnam Computers just around the corner also carries some
Epson scanners. Both shops are downtown in computer alley, but Canada
Computers also has a Markham location in Pacific Mall.

- Julian

--
[    Julian C. Dunn <jdunn-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> * <julian at dreaming.org>      ]
[   WWW: www.aquezada.com/staff/julian/ * www.dreaming.org/~julian/   ]