R: Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES

Serge Kuznetsov skuznets-WRMZ5ucGVl4BXFe83j6qeQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 04:28:17 UTC 2003

> I've been thinking about leaving Red Hat for a while now.  I'm currently
> running RH 7.3 and don't care for the changes in RH 8 & 9.  Currenly
> SuSE looks interesting.  I downloaded the eval CD for v9 and it appears
> to run better on my notebook, than RH 7.3

I've left RedHat in favor of Mandrake Linux, two months ago, after 8 years
of being loyal RH user =). For desctop I like Mandrake much more then RH.
For server I prefer Slackware. But I think for me LFS for server is more
preferable. I don't need that much stuff on server side,
And I can make the Perl script who will check if home pages of packets has
been changed, and check if new versions has appeared.

All the Best!
sleepy Serge.