R: Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 04:32:37 UTC 2003

> I've been thinking about leaving Red Hat for a while now.  I'm currently
> running RH 7.3 and don't care for the changes in RH 8 & 9.  Currenly
> SuSE looks interesting.  I downloaded the eval CD for v9 and it appears
> to run better on my notebook, than RH 7.3

If RHAT is a problem because of the recent changes, well, SuSE underwent
the same changes several years ago back at the time of SuSE 6.3.  It is
roughly as proprietary as Red Hat ES is...
--
If this was helpful, <http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=cbbrowne> rate me
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spiritual.html