Toronto Municipal Open Source Revolution, anyone ?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 12 19:03:55 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, David J Patrick wrote:

> Lets discuss, within the LUG, what might be an optimum software
> scenario, for the city, might be;
> 1) for immediate implimentation
> 2) longer term
>
> Identify existing standards, groups, resources, interested OSS corporations.

We'd need to tailor it towards the point of view of a city council.
Details examples of other cities and governments that have implemented OSS
solutions (there are plenty).  I'm a fan of thinclient and know that
cities in the US and (I believe also) Europe have successfully setup
thinclient to all or most of their desktops.

> Then prepare presentation / demonstration outling savings, services and
> security improvements.

Once we're ready, get an appointment and talk to them in person - everyone
turning up in suits & ties.  We gotta speak their language if we want them
to listen.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, zzbrock at uqconnect.net