Regarding UserLinux, let's stop slagging Red Hat!

Tom Tom-QXpTDD2AffPSUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 12 01:02:59 UTC 2003

"JoeHill" <joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote in message
news:20031111193001.07be5227.joehill-rieW9WUcm8FovoNgiiBKvA at public.gmane.org
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:55:40 -0500
> "Tom" <Tom-QXpTDD2AffPSUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org> uttered:
>
> >  I think the purists should stop
> > fighting the non-purists and start fighting MS.
>
> I think the problem some people are having with RH right now is
> primarily with their CEO remarking that home users should stick with
> Windows, that Linux is not ready for the home desktop.

Some people say this because they think that pushing home users to Linux too
soon will be bad for Linux: one bad experience and they'll never be back.
They are holding Linux back to help it (in their opinion).

Isn't that why Red Hat is saying it?  Or is there some commercial angle that
I'm not seeing?  Some reason why they don't want Linux to succeed on the
desktop?

Tom.