Regarding UserLinux, let's stop slagging Red Hat!

lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 12 01:18:13 UTC 2003

> Some people say this because they think that pushing home users to Linux
> too soon will be bad for Linux: one bad experience and they'll never be
> back. They are holding Linux back to help it (in their opinion).
I have not seen any solid arguments why Linux is not ready for the
desktop. Even if there was, us consumers have a short memory and are very
responsive to marketing and cost.

> > Isn't that why Red Hat is saying it?  Or is there some commercial angle
> that I'm not seeing?  Some reason why they don't want Linux to succeed
> on the desktop?

I do not believe that is why RH is saying that.  There a couple likely
reasons:
* justify to their shareholders there immediate change in biz plan
* prepare their market place and shareholders for further alignment with
those statements

Cheers,
Lloyd