Hello Every One

Chris Keelan rufmetal-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 9 16:30:32 UTC 2003

On 09 Nov 2003 00:53:32 -0500
Stephen Oulton <roulton623-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I have been using Mandrake 9.1 for almost a year. Lately my computer
> has started to respond very slowly after a while of use.

Back when I was running Mandrake (8.2 days), I had a similar problem.
When I ran top, I found that logrotate was bz2-ing some bodaceous log
file which I didn't even know existed.

As others have suggested, use ps and top to see which processes are
eating your cycles. Then go into the Mandrake Control Centre and turn
off anything which you don't specifically need.

HTH

~ C

--
gpg pubkey fingerprint:
100E A98E E143 C326 547C  A207 A704 F673 8B4E A754