Slackware 9.0 default bash aliases

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 8 13:17:54 UTC 2003

Hi all,

When I log in as root to a "virgin" Slackware 9.0 system and type
"alias" I get the following:

alias d='dir'
alias dir='/bin/ls $LS_OPTIONS --format=vertical'
alias ls='/bin/ls $LS_OPTIONS'
alias v='vdir'
alias vdir='/bin/ls $LS_OPTIONS --format=long'

I've spent a few hours searching the system itself, and also google,
and can't find where these aliases are being set up.

I'd like to be able to change and add to these aliases. I'm sure I can
figure out a way to do it (.bashrc, .profile or something), but it
bothers me that I can't find the script or code that sets up these
defaults.

Anyone know where it is in Slackware 9.0?

Thanks,

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **