best analysis of the SCO battle yet

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 8 21:44:21 UTC 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:07:48 -0500
bob findlay <fcsoft-rxKNY4w4koG3ikBYyZqyVg at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20031106164630915

This one ain't *meant* to be funny, but it had me rolling:

"SCO Group has revealed it plans migration options extending the
intellectual property program launched earlier this year.

Outlined in SCO's latest 8K Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
filing, no further details were given.

However, a company spokesperson told ComputerWire SCO would probably
provide customers with financial incentives and discounts to migrate to
SCO Unix, other vendors' Unix, and what he referred to as "other
proprietary operating systems" but probably Windows.

"We are offering a migration path to other operating systems that have a
stronger IP basis than Linux," the spokesperson said. Incentives will be
offered "in the coming months.""

Link:

http://www.cbronline.com/latestnews/3752ef9c5fdf36b480256dd7001e4767

Of course, if one honestly *believes* in a certain version of reality,
or wishes to appear as if they do, no matter the utter stupidity, they
will come out with boneheaded plans like this one...with a straight
face.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046