Time for a new Linux

Lloyd D Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 6 13:04:22 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 02:36, Byron Sonne wrote:
> > So if RH is exiting, and Fedora is too new, what Linux should I look for,
> > that is... similar to RH keeps a good balance. (that is, not too behind
> > the times or ahead of the times) keeps current
>
> I have been a very satisfied SuSE user for a few years now...
I also know many, many very satisfied SuSE users.  Though didn't they
'dump' the consumer (desktop) market some time ago?  My reason for only
dealing with it when I have to, which is actually quite a bit, is its
closed source pkg management system.  For me to choose a closed source
solution, I have to find a very good reason.

> 'Sides, it ain't made by some sloppy american company and I like that.
Do you mean to say that it is not made by some sloppy German company?
Or what are you trying to say here?  -- is it worth saying?

Cheers,
Lloyd