Time for a new Linux

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 6 18:29:06 UTC 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Byron Sonne wrote:

> Forgot to mention that SuSE is very SysV. Never really felt the love for
> run levels ever again after working with BSD boxes though...

Yeah. I ran Slack before, been on Suse for a while now. SysV init combined
with automated package updating will give you some interesting riddles
sometimes (like, *what* reactivated that service I just turned off now
and why is it coming back at every reboot even if I delete its
/etc/rc.d/S** link ?!).

Peter