Lindows still boots root by default?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 5 13:10:59 UTC 2003

Just saw this review of the latest Lindows OS, and it seems they still
boot you into the GUI as root by default. I thought they were going to
change that...?

Not a very favourable review overall, but then again I don't think
anyone should be using this POS anyway.

Quote:

"There are simply too few applications."Killer apps" that have been key
to defining Linux's coming of age on the desktop are conspicuously
absent. There doesn't appear to be a CD Ripper, an office suite, or a
way to watch video files by default. There also doesn't seem to be a
screenshot tool, an FTP program, any servers, a compiler, or any
development tools. This seems a little too slim in the default
offerings- while the target Lindows user may not need any of the latter,
certainly the first group is now considered essential."

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046