Fedora Linux

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 5 11:05:54 UTC 2003

On November 4, 2003 10:01 pm, cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote:

> And there also lies another challenge; why should someone experiment
> with contributing to Fedora which might fall as quickly as it rises when
> they could join an already-strong network of Debian packagers?  Fedora
> needs to draw from that same set of people.

Precisely and I don't see it happening.  According to Redhat's CEO we should
be running Windows on the desktop at home:

    http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-5101690.html

Though there's some truth behind some of the statements I'm curious what
Redhat's motivation is, perhaps they're preparing themselves to be bought by
Microsoft?