Novell Buys Suse

lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 5 00:30:36 UTC 2003

Yes, that is correct, YAST is closed source.  "UnitedLinux" uses YAST as
well.

I will likely continue to run Redhat on at least one of my machines as I
work with a lot of corperate Linux users, ie they are running closed
source Linux applications on RedHat.

I think with Fedora that it will be a good community distribution that
continues forward more quickly than Debian in the core server areas --
these will be driven by RedHat.  Possibly, in the desktop areas its
progress may slow some, but RedHat does have it's WS Edition. If the
Fedora community flourishes this also will help.

Cheers,
Lloyd