NVU the WYSIWYG HTML for linux

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 2 23:11:40 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:30:25AM -0500, Austin wrote

> While we're on the topic, does anyone know how to:
> 1. embed a local html file into each page of a site? (could be done
> once or at each page serve, like for a sidebar or a footer)
> 2. embed a remote html (on-the-fly) file into a page? (must be dymanic
> of course)

  You can embed almost *ANYTHING* inside of an object tag in a
webpage... even another webpage.  Here's the code with "<>" de-fanged to
"{}" for our friends who read email with web browsers posing as MUA's...

{OBJECT style="float: left;" width="220px" height="225px" data="nav_main.html" type="text/html"} {/OBJECT}

  Check out the source for my current webpage (http://www.waltdnes.org
which re-directs to ISP vex.net).  I'm in the process of re-doing it, so
that code will disappear soon.  With CSS it's possible to set up a fixed
menu bar that remains at the top of the browser, even when you scroll.
The CSS version also validates as XHTML 1.0 STRICT, while frames don't
validate under "STRICT".

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did