OpenOffice.org Performance

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 2 20:55:21 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 05:48:42PM -0500, cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote

> My installations of OpenOffice.org contain none of the Java
> components, and are certainly not affected by inefficiencies of
> that nature.
>
> OO _is_ quite slow, and the only language that can be pointed at
> for blame for that is C++.

  The all-in-one packages have been mediocre since the days of Framework
and Symphony.  AbiWord and Gnumeric rock.  BTW, I *INSTALL* GNOME and
KDE but I *RUN* FVWM2.  The GNOME panel runs just fine under FVWM2.  To
summarize... I don't run desktops, I run applications.

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did