hero2zeroW

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 2 04:30:15 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 00:09, davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> You got that right !
> 	Seems things are uglier than I had first feared
> 		No ethernet (no sympatico), no alsa (or other working sound system), no _serial_ port (no palm sync)
> module errors on start and shutdown .. I'll be more specific in following post(s)
> 	In the mean time I have vital data freshly backed up, and access to most everything here in boot linux..
> 		but all them happily humming apps ..
> 			sheeit !

Where did you dist-upgrade from?  It's starting to sound like all of the
nifty hardware auto-detection Knoppix is known for was blown out.  Have
you tried any of the modprobes?

> Maybe this is a golden opportunity to       install 2.6    .. kernel compile virgin, that I am ..
> 	crazy ?

I personally think it's a little soon to go to a 2.6 kernel, but I do
strongly recommend compiling a custom kernel.  Not only is it good
exercise, I've found that it's one of the single biggest performance
tweaks you can do.

Kareem

--
      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611