default browser

Emir Alikadic emir-rdkfGonbjUTTQjIoRn/dzw at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 30 14:27:03 UTC 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, (EJH) Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

EJH> I have a few KDE apps that I like using for various tasks. Unfortunately
EJH> the interface fonts were messed up so I installed the KDE base to get them
EJH> working again. KDE has now hijacked my system and is using all of its apps
EJH> instead of the ones /I/ want. The current problem is that Mozilla-Firebird
EJH> is no longer my default browser.
EJH>
EJH> Any idea of where to fix this? I tried kcontrol but I couldn't find
EJH> anything that would allow me to set the default applications...

How do you launch those apps?  WindowMaker, for example, has its menus in a
file under ~/GNUstep.  Find the equivalent for your wm and view it to see where
the launcher is pointing to, then use "which" and "ls -l" to find what the
launcher is linked to (they're usually just symbolic links).  You can then
remove the link and create your own ("ln -s TARGET LINKNAME").
--
Emir.

"If there's anything more important than my ego around,
 I want it caught and shot now."    [Zaphod Beeblebrox]