Kernel 2.6 compile: Comaptability

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 27 21:39:33 UTC 2003

Well, things are slowly coming together. I can boot into the new kernel, and
the kernel no longer complains about missing functions. But it wasn't
straightforward. It looks as though the module utilities depended on an older
version of modutils, with their executables renamed to .old. Second, the
default installation for these new utils was going to be under /usr/local/sbin.
And if it went to /sbin, it would clobber all files in its path without
renaming them with .old extensions first. So that had to be done by hand, using
mv.

Paul King