Kernel 2.6 compile: Comaptability?

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 27 03:07:01 UTC 2003

Forget it. I know where it is now.

I see that I needed to update e2fsprogs and procps, but that was tangential to
the main problem: the modules wouldn't load. I recall this was posted earlier
(by Jing Su) without much reply. I installed the latest e2fsprogs, and got the
same problem. No drivers except what was already compiled in; no mouse; no
sound. There was a complaint from modprobe about some function or other not
being present during the boot sequence. The newer version of modutils didn't
change or eliminate this error.

e2fsprogs, FWIW, is installed in the latest version (1.35-WIP, whatever "WIP"
means). I see all my partitions, so I would suppose the "WIP" part is
unimportant in my case -- I could find nothing on the abbreviation.