Waaaay offtopic

Hugh Reilly hughreilly1-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 20 03:51:09 UTC 2003

>JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
>Registered Linux user #282046
>Homepage: www.orderinchaos.org

> > Yes, William, I expect more. But I have to admit that when people are
>afraid
> > for their livelihoods, they do tend to act against the "greater good" if
>it
> > will help their own individual circumstances. That's why I think it's so
> > important to make sure our systems and institutions are designed to
>harness
> > human nature to increase the "greater good".
>
>Hugh, please, it's getting painful. I mean seriously:
>
>"Even though the only people who are losing bone calcium are those who
>drink milk like water, they will defend their livelihood."
>
>Does that make *any* sense whatsoever to you? Do you really think the mind
>that
>came up with that sentence is ever going to see your point of view?

Joe, I gotta say that I know William personally, and I will vouch for him
100%. Friends don't always have to agree with one another. The fact that
William chooses a Linux Users Group as his medium for defending Bill Gates
may seem a little unusual, but I think it's borne more from a sense of
frustration about developing viable models for successful business in the
Linux realm.

I think we'd all like to see Linux as successful as Microsoft has been. And
I think we will.

-Hugh
Hugh Reilly
XEN Technology Group | LinuxLab