Waaaay offtopic

Hugh Reilly hughreilly1-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 20 02:37:28 UTC 2003

>From: William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>
>To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Waaaay offtopic
>Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:11:32 -0500

>Of course, people runs company to make money.  Vaccine company makes and
>sells vaccine.  Milk company sells milk, and will say it's good for you.
>Even though the only people who are losing bone calcium are those who
>drink milk like water, they will defend their livelihood.  Did you
>expect something else, Hugh?

Yes, William, I expect more. But I have to admit that when people are afraid
for their livelihoods, they do tend to act against the "greater good" if it
will help their own individual circumstances. That's why I think it's so
important to make sure our systems and institutions are designed to harness
human nature to increase the "greater good".

BTW, I tried emailing you earlier today, but got an undeliverable thingy
back from your address.

-Hugh
Hugh Reilly
XEN Technology Group | LinuxLab