Waaaay offtopic

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 23:13:01 UTC 2003

Hugh Reilly wrote:
>>> Maybe next year, you'll get a flu shot.
>>

>> I know a lot of people who did who got sick anyway. This years strain
>> seemed to have been missed. I can see you have been taken by the
>> christmas spirit!
>

> I have an African friend who thinks that the AIDS virus was introduced
> there through mass vaccination programs. Makes me seriously wonder why
> so much ENORMOUS hype has gone into Ontario's flushot program.

Why would he know about the cause of it?  As for vaccines, ask anyone
who was around prior to WW2, about all the diseases that killed friends
and family, that we never hear about now, thanks to vaccines.  I'm not
saying they're without risk, but they're generally much better than the
consequences of not having them.

> Has anyone out there heard of the "zapper", invented by Saskatchewan
> naturopathic doctor and celll biologist Hulda Clark? She claims that
> disease-causing bacteria and viruses in the body can be killed by
> low-level radio frequencies. The zapper delivers that frequency to the
> body, and has been claimed by some to actually cure AIDS.

One person I'd never believe is a naturopathic "doctor". Naturopathy is
based on a bogus belief that a tiny amount of something that causes the
same symptoms as a disease will cure or prevent it.  The problem is,
that the doses generally prescribed are physically impossible.  For
example a common dilution of the "medicine" is 10X or divided with water
or alcohol 10:1, 10 times.  The problem with this amount of dilution, is
that the number of molecules gets in the way.  In order to consume one
molecule of the substance, you'd have to drink several thousand gallons
of water.  They also have another dilution of 100C, which is 100:1 100
times, which is even more impossible.

You might want to read "Voodoo Science" by Dr. Robert Park or "A Demon
Haunted World", by Carl Sagan for further info.