C programming question

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 21:52:51 UTC 2003

On December 19, 2003 02:01 pm, Phillip Mills wrote:
> On Friday, December 19, 2003, at 08:18 AM, John Wildberger wrote:
> > Is it possible to
> > create a file that is located starting at such a specific address?
>
> Do you actually need it to act like a file or are you OK with just
> reading as if it were an array or struct address?

My main aim is to understand the workings of the kernel a little bit better.
For this reason I would like to verify what is stored in the first few
hundred memory locations. e.g in x202 the signature HdrS is supposed to be
stored.
So to answer your question: Any which way that would get me on  the screen the
memory content of preselected locations would do.
Jing Su has pointed out one way to accomplish this. My C programming is rusty
and it will therefore take some time to follow up his lead. Any other
suggestion will be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
John