C programming question

Sergey Kuznetsov skuznets-WRMZ5ucGVl4BXFe83j6qeQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 22:14:00 UTC 2003

> My main aim is to understand the workings of the kernel a little bit
> better. For this reason I would like to verify what is stored in the first
> few hundred memory locations. e.g in x202 the signature HdrS is supposed to
> be stored.

1.   First of all, what kind of operation system you are talking about? Linux,
*BSD, Windoh$ ?

2. What memory you want to reach: kernel space or userland space or even
physical memory?

3. Do you have root access to that machine?

4. What kind of memory structures you have a desire to reach?

If you will give the answer to this questions, I can help you with answer.

--
All the Best!