Non-public flag on Gmane TLUG newsgroup

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-ZTO5kqT2PaM at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 16 05:30:24 UTC 2003

I'm the person who subscribed the TLUG list (Toronto Linux Users Group -
gmane.org.user-groups.linux.tolug ) to Gmane back in August and I have a
couple of questions for you:

1. This group is non-public (you need to subscribe to post), however Gmane
doesn't bounce the message if non-subscribers try to post.  I gather
from the third paragraph of the 'Read-only groups' section of your
'Posting' page that Gmane should be doing this, so please make this
happen.

I think it would be helpful if there was a field on your list subscription form
where public/non-public/read-only could be indicated.

2. The group list page has the description 'no articles; group not created
yet'.  This isn't correct - the list is active and the posts are showing
up in Gmane.

Thanks for your great service.