(remote) install fest

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-ZTO5kqT2PaM at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 16 19:47:32 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:13:45 -0500, Terrence Enger wrote:

> Gee, I would like to see how to do a remote installation, but I cannot
> make the party.  If you have any other working sessions I could evesdrop
> on, I would like to try to fit them in.

Maybe later in the week would be better.  Our PHP group meetings Thursday
evening but I don't attend that so people who want to work on the server
could meet also.

The general plan is to set this beast with up RAID on the 6 (or is it 8
!?) SCSI harddrives using an server-specific IBM utility and then do a
debrootstrap intallation as in:

http://trilldev.sourceforge.net/files/remotedeb.html and
http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/DebianChrootInstall

Can anyone who wants to help out post a preferance for Thursday or Friday?
 The party's on for Wednesday (6, not 5:30) so you can come by introduce
yourself, and meet Santa, but that won't be a seriously techie event,
obviously.