central mail

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 04:33:55 UTC 2003

At 07:28 PM 12/08/2003 -0500, Chris wrote:
>I now need to move to a system by which I can see the same
>email from two different PCs. Sounds like a simple thing but I have
>a feeling this is going to entail a huge learning curve and maybe even
>moving to a different email system.

Several people have mentioned IMAP as one way to go. If the machine acting
as the primary mail server (ie. the one you are retrieving your mail from)
is under your control, another option is to install a web-based mail
system. I run a Qmail based system with several add-ons. As a result, users
can read and send mail using the sqwebmail (web-based) mail service.

Since this is web-based, a users mail can be accessed from any machine with
Internet access. Users can also send mail through the same interface. This
might be a better option since you can use any web browser on a machine
without the need to do any configuration of the e-mail program or browser
to access an IMAP server.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb-XXPEJ3/fxIc at public.gmane.org#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"