Dear Santa

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 04:05:05 UTC 2003

"Chris Aitken" <aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 9:20 PM
wrote:

> Dear Santa,
>
> For Christmas I would like Microsoft to go out of business. I don't know
> how - I haven't
> thought it through. I'd just like it to curl up and die. If that's too
> much to ask for I'll take
> world peace.

A few weeks ago I got a used Microsoft product that I am on balance quite
happy with, and it works quite nicely with my main home Linux box... Ok, so
it is one of Microsoft's "natural" keyboards, which I think looks a bit
ugly, but is very comfortable to type on... Now, if Microsoft were reduced
to a hardware ONLY company (with drivers having to be contracted out, and
ALL driver specs being made publicly available) I could see letting
Microsoft survive, but yes, let's get Microsoft out of the software
business, there they are too evil to be allowed to continue...