quiet PC

Ilya Palagin IlyaPalagin-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 9 14:43:48 UTC 2003

Ladislav Svatos wrote:
> On December 8, 2003 10:22 pm, Madison Kelly wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>   May I make a few suggestions?
>>Madison
>>

> The most noisiest fan on my computer is the CPU fan. What do you recommend for
> a CPU fan?
>
> Lada

I've seen computers (can't remember the brand, either IBM or Compaq),
which had just one fan - in the power supply.  There was a huge heat
sink on the CPU, and it was located in the front of the power supply to
be blown out by its fan. That machine was _quite_.  Unfortunately, this
solution requires non-standard case for computer and power supply.

A useful recommendation for a CPU's and other fans: have a motherboard,
which tunes rotating speed depending on temperature.