Reply To address messes with tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 9 09:38:54 UTC 2003

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:20:08 -0500
Chris Aitken <aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I tried this a while back and ran into problems sending/recieving email
> to/from tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org,
> if I recall correctly.
>
> Any ideas?

The problem is, if people don't notice, or don't have their mail client set up
to override this, the responses to your post(s) will go directly to you instead
of to the list. The people who *do* notice and/or have their client set up to
override your reply-to, well, you get the idea. Your only hope, AFAIK, is that
people will reply to your post with a cc to the list.

Unless I'm *completely* misunderstanding you, which is a common thing for
me, it's just not a Good Thing on mailing lists.

I'm hoping that this response will not result in you making threats about coming
to my house and doing me harm, which is what happened on another list when I
questioned someone's use of this setting :-D

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046