KNOPPIX closes because Europe passes software IP laws

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 6 00:07:36 UTC 2003

Justin Zygmont wrote:

>what is so useful about this distro anyways, running from a CD is way too
>slow, and not at all feasable for much of anything except maybe testing to
>see how it is.

Are you MAD ? Knoppix features brilliant hardware detection, compression
technologies and a solid set of apps
that have done more to introduce linux to new users than any other distro.
With a knoppix disc and a USB keydrive you could sit down at almost any
machine and fire up a rich and solid computing environment.
If it's too slow, you can easily install it to HD, if the bundled apps
don't suit your use, you can easily remaster with your choices.
With that same disk you could transform your office lan into an
OpenMosix cluster in under half an hour.
As a rescue disc, it has pulled my cherries out of the fire more times
than I care to mention, for both Windoze and linux boxen.

get ahold of yourself man !
;-)
djp