telnet

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 1 12:00:34 UTC 2003

On Mon Dec 01,2003 12:01:09 AM Merv Curley wrote:
> I just came across a BBS which is accessed with telnet.  While
> the stock telnet in Xterm works, has anyone come across a front
> end or something with a few more features?  A search at
> sourceforge didn't show anything for Linux.

I haven't looked at this package at all, but it appeared on
freshmeat.net yesterday and its description seems to match what you're
looking for.

 From the home page:
"gtermix is a gtk+ telnet client intended for calling BBSes. It
utilizes a custom VGA textmode emulating terminal widget that allows it
to accurately render bulletin board systems as they were in DOS
terminal programs."

http://gtermix.sourceforge.net/

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **