If someone sells laptops w/o Windows installed

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 31 22:46:40 UTC 2003

Ok, here are two brands:

IPC - older 'disappearing' brand ? 2GHz 256MB 20GB CD-RW+DVD 15" TFT,
touchpad, looks very much like a Dell clone ? but isn't one. There are no
Dell parts in it. The price is no longer of actuality.

Daewoo - 950MHz 256MB 20GB 14.4" TFT (?) no cd (can upgrade) but only
1.6kg (almost a notebook), comes with Lindows and OpenOffice installed,
and xtra lithium battery, 3xUSB, ether and modem builtin, all supported by
Lindows, for about US$1000 cash or 6 months on credit (remember we have
serious taxes here - like 18% vat on everything and more funnies - in your
parts the price on discount will likely be 60-70% of what we see here).
Interesting, this is the first laptop loaded with Linux that comes from a
local shop chain I see here. Good timing for this thread ;-)

Peter