Grub Not Starting

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 29 18:52:12 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 11:34, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On debian I do: grub-install /dev/hda and that's it.  I don't use grub
> to install grub.
>
> Lennart Sorensen

I gave that a try, but I keep getting the following error message:
"/dev/hda does not have any corresponding BIOS drive."

If I try "grub-install '(hd0)'" I get something even stranger, involving
sed and ls errors.

I think I'm going to try lilo just to get this out of the way, but I'd
really like to know why grub isn't working.

Kareem

--
      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611