Help! Disk space error

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 27 18:28:47 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:10:39AM -0400, Sidney Shapiro wrote:
> I erased most of the log files I did not need, and cleaned up some files
> which were sitting in root as well. When I type du -shx /* this is what
> I got: [root at root]# du -shx /*
> 5.8M    /bin
> 4.7M    /boot
> 270k    /dev
> 5.1M    /etc

So which entry contained that 300MB?  /root?  /tmp?  That obviously
can't be the entire list

> Is there a way to resize my partition?

parted might (but is pretty hard to use/understand).  Partition magic
version 6 and above can resize them too I believe.

Neither is going to touch the MD drive.  Resizing MD drives is much
trickier.

Lennart Sorensen