hp deskjet 692c

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 26 13:38:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Chris Aitken wrote:

> I tried several and lp0 worked
>

> > Hello world.
> > <ctrl-l>
> > <ctrl-d>
>
> Interesting...printed 'Hello world.'

Great news... you can now "cat anyfilename.txt > /dev/lp0", so it's almost
working.

> > Then make sure your device is connected in software:
> > # printtool
> > to the lpd daemon.
>
> Not sure wat you mean by "device is connected...to the lpd daemon."

I'm not sure what I meant either 8)

In my version of printool, there is a message that says
the lpd daemon is connected to the lp1 device.
"
                                Printer queues in /etc/printcap
lp                              "local printer on /dev/lp1"
"

I am unfamiliar with the more recent versions of printtool.
Could you append the relevant text onto your next message?

> In printtool I choose 'Local' (because 'LPD' option prompts me for a
> server, which does not apply here), and driver 'hpijs' under the
> 'hp692c' heading.

I thought you could use 'hp692c' driver, not 'hpijs'??

At this point, you may have to tune the /etc/printcap file by hand.
I'll send you mine for a template if you want.

It's important to notice that the printtool window is just a GUI interface
reflecting the contents of /etc/printcap...