hp deskjet 692c

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 20 14:19:39 UTC 2003

Max Blanco wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Chris Aitken wrote:
>
> > I'm having trouble printing to my hp deskjet 692c.
> >

> You might try
> # cat > /dev/lp1

I tried several and lp0 worked

> Hello world.
> <ctrl-l>
> <ctrl-d>

Interesting...printed 'Hello world.'

[...]

> Then make sure your device is connected in software:
> # printtool
> to the lpd daemon.

Not sure wat you mean by "device is connected...to the lpd daemon."

In printtool I choose 'Local' (because 'LPD' option prompts me for a
server, which does not apply here), and driver 'hpijs' under the
'hp692c' heading.

After I 'create' the software printer I get 'lpd restarted
successfully'. Then , 'There was an error trying to print the test
page.'

Chris